As a technical writer in our company, you will work with development teams across a variety of projects. You will document technical topics for the developer audience as well as user assistance documents for end users. You will play an important role in ensuring that our customers not only have all the information and tools they need to be successful but also improving the user experience through user assistance.
- Creating user assistance material (both text and multimedia) such as technical documents, user guides, and multimedia material;
- Working in close collaboration with development teams, UX designers, and other stakeholders to enable users to deploy, administer, and use SAP software successfully;
- Ensuring that the user assistance deliverables are of high quality, adhere to standards and guidelines, and are written in the appropriate style and tone for the product and for the target audience and target market;
- Defining terminology that is simple, consistent, and conforms to industry standards;
- Reviewing, editing, and updating content for usability, readability, and correctness both linguistic and technical.
- 2+ years of technical writing experience in the IT domain would be a plus;
- A suitable university degree in technical communication or a related subject or an advanced language-based university degree;
- Ideally first-language proficiency in English, or excellent written and spoken skills in English;
- Excellent written and spoken skills in one or more local languages would be a plus but not essential;
- The ability to express complex technical information in a clear and precise manner;
- Outstanding communication and excellent organizational skills;
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, deliver on time, and ensure high-quality outputs;
- Flexibility and a readiness to communicate with other team members and to participate in knowledge transfer;
- Experience in MS Office applications, especially MS Word and MS PowerPoint;
- Experience with SAP products and systems (Not essential but would be a benefit);
- Experience using Ixiasoft DITA CCMS or similar application (Not essential but would be a benefit).